Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart (Magic Most Foul #2


Author: Leanna Renee Hieber
Goodreads Rating: 4.26
Pages: 328
Format: ARC from BEA12


For Natalie Stewart, a normal life has never seemed so far away. Her only solace, Lord Jonathan Denbury, is wanted for murder. To clear his name, Denbury must return to England and assume the role of his demon doppelganger. But Natalie begins to doubt his true motives, especially as a new gentleman begins whispering in her ear. Natalie and Denbury may be able to visit each other in their dreams, but they can't escape the darkening shadows. Amid spontaneous explosions, friends turned enemies and dangerous secrets revealed, there's still a demon who has Natalie's scent, and someone is trying to resurrect the ultimate evil.

So I think I enjoyed this book more than I did the first one. Not only did I find this one to be a quicker read, but I found that I enjoyed the story line a little bit better and Natalie and Jonathan fought to break free from this twisted plot that they got dragged into. I felt a little jarred as to how long the events of this book too place over, but I assume it was an extended amount of time.

I like that Natalie stuck by her guns in this book when it came to standing by Denbury. No matter how much she was afraid that the demon took him over again, she still stood by him, showing that trust that is so important in relationships. Especially ones that require running into danger. I also loved how there was this added element of a real relationship that wasn't in the first book. In this one you have Natalie and Denbury traveling and having to pretend to be related because of the inappropriateness of a female traveling alone.

I also adored how true to the period this book stayed. Between the carriages, and the need to court a lady and how the social hierarchy worked, I completely appreciated it. The same with the first book too, I loved all the occult details and facts that found their way into the book especially dealing with the priest came on board.

I do wish that this book had followed the same format of the first book in the sense that it was Natalie's journal, especially since she explains that she does have a new one. This new cast of characters in this book were all really fun and helped keep the plot moving along smoothly. All in all...WHEN CAN I GET THE NEXT BOOK!? 'Nuff said.

The Courts Decision:
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this lovely review! You don't have to wait for the next book! The finale of Magic Most Foul is serializing weekly: http://leannareneebooks.blogspot.com - Cheers and thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...