Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Rush

Author: Eve Silver
Goodreads Rating: 3.87
Pages: 361
Format: E-ARC from Netgalley


So what’s the game now? This, or the life I used to know?
When Miki Jones is pulled from her life, pulled through time and space into some kind of game—her carefully controlled life spirals into chaos. In the game, she and a team of other teens are sent on missions to eliminate the Drau, terrifying and beautiful alien creatures. There are no practice runs, no training, and no way out. Miki has only the guidance of secretive but maddeningly attractive team leader Jackson Tate, who says the game isn’t really a game, that what Miki and her new teammates do now determines their survival, and the survival of every other person on this planet. She laughs. He doesn’t. And then the game takes a deadly and terrifying turn.



This book was so different from what I was expecting. So very different. I really liked the different, but, I don't know, I'm having a hard time trying to find the right words to explain it. The concept of the book was great. The idea that these characters get pulled into this alternate world called "The Game" where they have to kill aliens.

The way you get pulled is by almost dying. Or actually dying because when you die in the game, thats how you die in real life. I found it a little far fetched, but clever and very different from what I was expecting. I wasn't really thrilled with the characters while I was reading it, I found Miki really irritating and her best friend was even worse.

The romance in this book felt a little forced. We also found ourself in the obligatory love triangle where there was the mysterious boy from the game and the old friend who was also in the game coincidentally. I'm sure they will follow the same plot line as well with the first book focusing on one guy and the second being about the other, but I'm still excited to see whats going to happen.

The entire concept was super interesting, but I think that the payoff was a little too small. In spite of this, I'm planning on checking out the next in the trilogy if I can get my hands on it.
The Courts Decision:


Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...