Monday, October 22, 2012

Hidden (Firelight #3)

Author: Sophie Jordan
Goodreads Rating: 4.41
My Rating: 4 Stars
Pages: 272
Reviewed by: Nicole


Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.
The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....
Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.


One thing that I really loved about the Firelight trilogy was that it was a totally different beast (pun intended). Series lately seem to swirl around dystopian, vampires, or werewolves. I also felt that this book ended the series in the best way, probably one of the most satisfying endings for a series I've seen.

This book had all the great staples, it had love, it had heartbreak and of course, it had lots of action and fighting. I felt more comfortable with Jacinda if you followed my earlier posts on Firelight, then you know I didn't like her a lot. She was wishy washy and couldn't stick to a decision, but in this book, I felt like she stuck more to her guns. She was determined to do what she had to to save everyone.

I loved Will and Jacinda, even though I wasn't sure who I liked her with better. Both of them were so great to her in the earlier books that I thought for sure she would end of with no one because I loved them both. But she does make her decision in this book. How could she not though in the last book of the series?

I did feel that the book could have been a little bit more drawn out at the end because it was like "BAM! This happened" then two pages later, something else was going on. I would have liked more development from other characters, but essentially it wasn't necessary to the story.

All in all, this was a great ending to the series. Even though the dragons and what they actually looked like confused me a bit, I still liked how everything tied together and how Jordan created a new type of creature and lore.
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...