Friday, July 19, 2013

Untold (The Lyburn Legacy #2)

Author: Sarah Rees Brenna
Goodreads Rating: 3.96
Pages: 356
Format: ARC from ALA13

Free from bonds, but not each other
It’s time to choose sides… On the surface, Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy English town. But Kami Glass knows the truth. Sorry-in-the-Vale is full of magic. In the old days, the Lynburn family ruled with fear, terrifying the people into submission in order to kill for blood and power. Now the Lynburns are back, and Rob Lynburn is gathering sorcerers so that the town can return to the old ways.
But Rob and his followers aren’t the only sorcerers in town. A decision must be made: pay the blood sacrifice, or fight. For Kami, this means more than just choosing between good and evil. With her link to Jared Lynburn severed, she’s now free to love anyone she chooses. But who should that be?


When I read Unspoken, I really didn't like it. I gave it 3.5 stars because, I felt like I should have liked it because it was witty and cute and a great idea, but that maybe I just wasn't in the mood for something witty and cute and fun. Now I'm thinking that I just have a huge mental block when it comes e-books because most of the time, I don't have fond feelings for them. I can name at least 5 off the top of my head that were books from Netgalley that everyone seemed to enjoy, but when I got to reading it, I couldn't understand. Not that it never happens anyway, but you catch my drift.

This book though? I loved. I know that they were two different books and its possible to like book two and not book one and vise versa. But I found that some of the things I had a problem with in the frist book, I enjoyed more in this book. I found them laugh out loud funny to the point where I got strange looks from people on the train.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Kami, she was really kind and compassionate, but she didn't make sense all the time and her decision making skills were questionable at best. I really loved how the whole cast interacted together between Ash trying to sort out who he was now that his father had shown his true colors. Holly was there trying to sort out her roll in this group, and Angela struggling with the fact that she likes girls. I think what I liked most about this book was the marked increase that we got in page time that Rusty had. He was hilarious and probably made me laugh the most out of all the characters.

I got a little tired of the back and forth between Jared and Kami. They were so hot and cold with each other that I just wanted to bang their heads together. I missed the connection that they shared I'm sure the same way that they both did. There was so much that was unsaid between them now, that it made me sad. It was almost like they were two ships passing in the night. He would say things that he didn't mean and then she would do things to contradict herself. It was all very frustrating. 

In the end, I enjoyed this book so much more than the first. There was so much action, so much cunning, and more romance which was great. Since I've discovered my problem with E-books, maybe I'll just revisit the first book on audio.
The Courts Decision:

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...