Sunday, September 29, 2013

Obsidian

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Goodreads Rating: 4.34
Pages: 335
Format: Finished Copy from BEA12

Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 
If I don't kill him first, that is.


I knew that Hannah was going to pick this book for my Secret Reader September book because she had been telling me for months that I needed to read it. Lo and Behold, she was so right! Why oh why didn't I read this book sooner?! Why did I keep putting it off in favor of other books?! I absolutely adored every minute of this book be it laugh on the train or being completely stunned when it ended.

Through the entire book I could imagine it on the big screen playing out before my eyes. I usually have a hard time imagining books, but this one played out in my head so easily. I have to say, I would love to see this book as a TV show. I can only imagine how many interactions between Katy and Daemon were undocumented.

But I digress. I loved that Katy was a book blogger like myself and that I could relate to her (Not that I can say my neighbor is a alien). And I loved Daemon and how he wanted to fight so hard to protect Katy but couldn't make it obvious that he did love her. This is gearing up to be such a fantastic epic series about love and heartbreak.

I also loved that although Katy was unfamiliar with the alien aspect of Dee and Daemon, she took it in stride that they weren't like us and that they were very different. Rather than run screaming, she said "Okay, I can go with that." I am glad that she wasn't constantly okay with it, that there were moments that Daemon and Dee's actions freamed her out, but again, I felt that was very normal.

Ugh, I really just loved the tension between Daemon and Katy as they butted heads on everything. It was so nice that there wasn't any instalove and that they had to work out their feelings for each other. There were times when they hated each other and they fought and it wasn't perfect and that was beautiful. I am dying to get my hands on the next book and will be reading it for sure as soon as I can.

The Courts Decision:
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...