Thursday, October 10, 2013

Wait For You

Author: J. Lynn
Goodreads Rating: 4.29
Pages: 332
Format: ARC from BEA13


Some things are worth waiting for…
Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.
Some things are worth experiencing…
Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.
Some things should never be kept quiet…
But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?
And some things are worth fighting for…



Wow. And I mean wow. my friend told me that this was one of her favorite books, and now I can totally understand why. This book was fun and flirty and I absolutely adored falling into this love story with Cam and Avery. I will also admit that this is my first New Adult that I really liked. Before this, I read Beautiful Disaster and I think anyone that enjoyed that will enjoy this book.

To start, I really enjoyed meeting Avery, this girl who had such a wounded past, I felt that J. Lynn did a great job of slowly brining the past out, and rather than have us be bombarded with information about our characters, we slowly learned that their lives were perfect, and as we learned this, we learned what it was that made their lives imperfect.

 I loved Cam. He was so wonderful and understanding as he tried his best to court Avery even as she tried her hardest to fight him. Even though he knew she wasn't ready yet, he left it out there for her that when she was, he would be there and he would be more than happy to be the one for her. I can't gush enough about Cam as he tried to protect Avery from her own past.

I felt that their relationship dynamic was amazing and very realistic. Even when she was fighting against Cam, unable to believe that he wanted her, it all seemed like reactions and mannerisms of real people. The entire crew in this book were all very real to me including her close friends Brit and Jacob. I loved that Brit tried to be the best friend she could to Avery and pull her out of her shell and Jacob reminded me a lot of Lafyette from True Blood in the way that he spoke and the way that he was straight with everyone.

Now, this book is not for the weak of hearts, its very sexual at some points, but its wonderfully written and a lot of fun to read. I was so excited to learn that there was going to be more to the story. This was one of the most perfect beach reads I could have grabbed.
The Courts Decision:
Nicole

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...