Monday, July 28, 2014

Chimera (The Korsak Brothers #1)


Author: Rob Thurman
Goodreads Rating: 3.83
Pages: 337
Format: Final copy
What makes us human? What makes us unique? And what makes us kill? Ten years ago, Stefan Korsak's younger brother was kidnapped. Now a rising figure in the Russian mafia, Stefan has finally found Lukas. But Lukas is now a trained, genetically-altered killer who his creators want back. Saving Lukas may be easier than surviving him.


  The book had a lot of ups and downs with me. It starts off super slow. It literally would put me to sleep for the first 60 or so pages (which is why I read it before bed).

But after 60 pages... holy crap does it get exciting! So much starts to happen and the action really picks up. Stephan and Michael's relationship starts to develop as they race for their lives to try and find safety. It is a really intense read with lots of action, betrayal, and real bro-mance.

Seriously with the bro-mance, this was one of the only books I can really describe as touching. The ending really brought tears of sadness and joy to my eyes :') I grew to love Stephan's fierce over-protectiveness of his brother and Michael's little quirks (I actually thought this was a sci-fi book and anticipated Michael to have super powers but wasn't disappointed when I found otherwise). By the end of the book I really loved both the Korsak brothers and related them to Supernatural's Sam and Dean (for all you Supernatural fans ;) ).

This book gets a good 4/5 stars from me just for the slow start and probably delving more into the back story than was really needed at the start. But the relationship with Stephan and Michael was so adorable that it made up for the slowness. This is a great book (and may be good for some of you Supernatural fans who like the brothers' relationship).


The Court's Decision:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...