Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Top 10 Book to Movie Adaptations

(Brought to you by the Broke and the Bookish)

Hello! This week, we will be sharing our top 10 book-to-movie adaptations. This will actually be separated into different sections: Best book-to-movie adaptations I've seen, Book-to-movie adaptations that need to exist right now, and book-to-movie adaptations that need to be remade into better book-to-movie adaptations. Let's begin :)

Best Book-to-Movie Adaptations
Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
This one is obviously at the top of the list. I'm putting the whole series because I did enjoy all the movies. I mostly have the opinion that the books are, for the most part, better than the movies. This is one where I enjoy the books and the movies fairly equally, when viewed as what they are. That is, the books are good books, and the movies are good movies. However, when comparing books to movies, the books win :)

Hunger Games series
Like Harry Potter, this is another one where I enjoyed the books more than the adaptation but I still really enjoyed the movies, mostly when looking at it as a movie, not a book adaptation.



Lord of the Rings series
This is one of the rare cases where I enjoyed the movies more than the books. I attempted reading the Lord of the Rings and quit around the time Gandalf had a 5 page monologue... It just was not my cup of tea, but I adore the movies.



Book-to-Movie Adaptations That Need to Exist Now
The Lunar Chronicles
This is one where I would be over the moon to see a movie come out, but at the same time, I would be extremely nervous because I love the books so much. I would have very high expectations for the movies, as would most of the fans. I have heard rumors of the rights to the Lunar Chronicles being sold and a screenplay being in the works so we will see :)


Throne of Glass
This is another where I would love to see a movie but would hope it would be half as good as the books. Rumor has it that Throne of Glass was optioned for a TV show by the Mark Gordon Company (most notable for Grey's Anatomy). All I can say is, I'll take a TV show :) And again, hope it is half as good as the books. 

 
5th Wave
This book is already set to come out in January 2016 and I'm fairly excited to see it. I hold my usual reservations, but so far it looks good. I really enjoyed the book and can only hope the movie is the same.




Book-to-Movie Adaptations That Should be Remade 
 
City of Bones
I haven't seen the movie but I was actually reluctant after hearing some of the backlash from it's release. I really liked the books and didn't want that opinion to be tainted by a bad movie. Since then, apparently a TV show (Shadowhunters) is in the makings to try to redeem the movie and I have fingers crossed that it does.





Da Vinci Code
I adored Dan Brown's books. The mystery and suspense I had when reading, were sadly absent during the movies. Da Vinci Code has been my favorite of the Robert Langdon series so far and I was sorrowly disappointed in the movie. I hope the series can redeem itself in the new movie, Inferno, set to come out in October 2016.



Eragon
 Oh Eragon.... a classic case of a book-to-movie flop. I enjoyed the book a lot while reading and tolerated the movie to a point. I really liked the animation of Saphira, but no matter how many times I watch the movie... I can't get behind it, not even as just a movie. I hope something comes along sometime to try a type of do-over.





Percy Jackson series
An example of a movie that I disliked so much I almost blocked it from my memory. I've watched Lightning Thief at least twice and both times I can't really remember any specific parts of the movie. I read these books as audio books and really enjoyed them and thought they had a lot of potential as movies, I just wish they were executed better. 



So tell us.... What are your favorite book-to-movie adaptations? What movies are you excited for??

3 comments:

  1. I would definitely love a remake of the Percy Jackson movies!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/top-ten-tuesday-30/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really surprised the Lunar Chronicles hasn't already been adapted!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my fingers crossed for a good adaptation to come soon!! :) Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...