Monday, April 25, 2016

Review: Night Embrace (Dark-Hunters #2)

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Goodreads Rating: 4.25
Pages: 408
Setting: Modern New Orleans

"Night Embrace" spins the story of Talon, an ancient Celtic warrior who killed the son of the god Camulus.

Camulus cursed Talon, decreeing death for everyone he loved. Now a Dark-Hunter in modern-day New Orleans, Talon meets Sunshine, who is key to ending his curse once and for all. Not to mention helping him to save New Orleans from an ancient god bent on total destruction.

 I love this series!!!!! The characters, the plot, the romance.... everything!! Ev-er-y-thing!!!!

This is Talon's book and I love him! I love Kyrian too, from the last book, but I think Talon trumps him. I love his tech-savvy-ness and his wit :) Talon can be down right funny.

Now throw Sunshine into this. She is definitely my favorite female lead so far. She is so just... out there! She's forgetful (much like myself) and is just amazingly passionate, caring and funny! I really connected with her very well.

Now put the two together and we have my new favorite Dark-Hunter couple!! I really love how they annoy each other throughout the book. One of my favorite quotes from the book, that I think sums up Talon and Sunshine's relationship: "...without pain you can't have joy. It's balance that makes us appreciate the extremes." Talon and Sunshine, like Amanda and Kyrian, are opposites and I love that in romances. Talon is Mr. Cool-Calm-and Collected, while Sunshine is the over-expressive and wild artist. I came into the book wanting to see how the two would come together and I wasn't disappointed.

The ending was amazingly cute and pleasantly surprising. I'm overly excited to say that I didn't see the ending coming at all. This is something I like with these books, is that I don't read them just to see how the couple gets together, but to see what happens with the plot and how they can overcome their weaknesses.

My only drawback with this book is I feel that Talon and Sunshine got together too quick and the sex started a lot faster than I thought it would. I understood it a bit because Talon had a lot of one-night stands before but I have a personal thing about sex right off the bat (like by page 60....)

Aside from that, everything was fabulous! I seriously don't know how I forgot about this series but I'm so happy I rediscovered it! Sherrilyn Kenyon is a master and it's definitely not your typical vampire romance. 

The Court's Decision:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...