Monday, April 11, 2016

Review: Sixth Grave on the Edge

Author: Darynda Jones
Goodreads Rating: 4.40
Pages: 326
Few things in life can come between a grim reaper and her coffee, but the sexy, sultry son of Satan is one of them. Now that Reyes Farrow has asked for her hand, Charley Davidson feels it's time to learn more about his past, but Reyes is reluctant to open up. When the official FBI file of his childhood abduction lands in her lap, Charley decides to go behind her mysterious beau’s back and conduct her own investigation. Because what could go wrong?

Unfortunately, another case has fallen into her lap—one with dangerous implications. Some very insistent men want Charley to hunt down a witness who is scheduled to testify against their boss, a major player in the local crime syndicate. If Charley doesn't come up with an address in 48 hours, the people closest to her will start to disappear.

Add to that a desperate man in search of the soul he lost in a card game, a dogged mother determined to find the ghost of her son, and a beautiful, young Deaf boy haunted by his new ability to see the departed as clearly as he sees the living, and Charley has her hands full. The fact that Reyes has caught on to her latest venture only adds fuel to the inferno that he is. Good thing for Charley she's used to multi-tasking and always up for a challenge…especially when that challenge comes in the form of Reyes Farrow.

 So I usually like to take notes of all the chaotic thoughts that go through my head while reading a book so that, when I write the review a few days (or, let's be honest, possible weeks) later, I can recount some of my prior feelings....

Why did I feel the need to tell you this? Well because of the simply fact that this book absorbed me so fully I actually forgot to take notes and just gushed out loud to myself! (You may not find this as much of a "wow" factor that I do... but if you knew how OCD I was about it.... you'd be impressed).

I'm not going to recount and give background on everything this book is about since I'm assuming that if you are reading this, you have read (or at least considered reading, and therefore have heard of) the other books. So I'm going to keep this review like my adorable little, old grandma... short and sweet.

A lot happens in this book so be prepared for quite a doozy (especially after the grenade of an ending from the last book...). Everything that you love from the last book, including Charley's wit, sarcasm and penchant for getting in way over head is here (and let's be honest, you either love everything about Charley.... or you are wrong).

This book continues to make me love the Charley/Reyes couple <3<3<3 literal hearts in the eyes for them.

Be prepared as well.... this book literally made me cry from some of the death in it... which I don't cry over books much, especially books about a PI who can see ghosts and works with her uncle to solve their deaths. The surprise of people dying is kind of ruined. But for some reason, the deaths in this book got to me as much as they got to Charley. So keep some tissues nearby.

Overall, this is still a fabulous book with fabulous characters and a fabulous plot and I'm so excited to see what else Charley can get herself into.

The Court's Decision:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...