Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Magisterium


Author: Jeff Hirsch
Goodreads Rating: 3.33
Pages: 310
Format: ARC from BEA12


On one side of the Rift is a technological paradise without famine or want. On the other side is a mystery.
Sixteen-year-old Glenn Morgan has lived next to the Rift her entire life and has no idea of what might be on the other side of it. Glenn's only friend, Kevin, insists the fence holds back a world of monsters and witchcraft, but magic isn't for Glenn. She has enough problems with reality: Glenn's mother disappeared when she was six, and soon after, she lost her scientist father to his all-consuming work on the mysterious Project. Glenn buries herself in her studies and dreams about the day she can escape. But when her father's work leads to his arrest, he gives Glenn a simple metal bracelet that will send Glenn and Kevin on the run---with only one place to go.With MAGISTERIUM, Jeff Hirsch brings us the story of a complex, captivating world that will leave readers breathless until the very last page.


I was really iffy on this book, but the longer out I am, the more I don't even want to talk about this book. If you can't tell I'm writing this review a bit after I finished the book. One of those reasons is that I couldn't even find words for why I didn't like this book. I almost made this book at DNF, but decided to try to power through this book.

I felt that you were given a few nuggets, but not the whole story. I really felt that the story was incomplete, and this book isn't part of a series. We were introduced to this really awesome technological world, and this divide between that and this other world, and then we got nothing. We didn't learn more about what created this world and we didn't get to find out more about the Affinity that Glenn discovers when she crosses the Rift.

This is probably going to be my shortest review because I don't really have anything good to say about this book. I really wish that I did, but even her friend Kevin made me mad because of some of his actions in the book. I did like following Glenn as she discovered all these things, but in honestly, it all felt a little random.

The Courts Decision:


Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...