My waiting on Wednesday pick is Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen.
Okay, so there are a lot of reasons I want to read this book.
I'll start from ridiculous reasons and work my way down to the more weighty ones:
1. The cover. Carousals are whimsical. Whimsical covers are perfect.
2. The buzz. This is a particularly buzzy book for the Spring. I want to see if it lives up to the hype.
3. Sarah Dessen. I mean, who doesn't want to read a Sarah Dessen book?
4. I need to give Dessen another chance. I've only read one and three quarters of her books but I have a whole collection.
5. It's about a topic that is--unfortunately-- painfully personal to me. Not many YA stories focus on incarcerated family members. And while her brother is in jail, not prison, I think it's an important topic to discuss. I think it needs to be written about more. But this is a start. So I want to see how Sarah Dessen writes about it.
What's your WOW? Do you want to read Saint Anything? Why?