Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Asunder (Incarnate #2)

Author: Jodi Meadows
Goodreads Rating: 4.42
Pages: 416
Format: ARC


DARKSOULSAna has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place.
SHADOWSMany are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves.
LOVEAna was told that nosouls can’t love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection.
In this second book in the Incarnate trilogy, Ana discovers the truth about reincarnation and will have to find a way to embrace love and make her young life meaningful. Once again, Jodi Meadows explores the extraordinary beauty and shadowed depths of the soul in a story equal parts epic romance and captivating fantasy.


I'm having a hard time deciding where I'm going to talk about Asunder because I actually haven't even finished my Incarnate review at this point. Incarnate left me with so many amazing feelings that I don't really know how Asunder could have been better, but it was, I just wasn't left with as many good feels because it was ended on a note a little darker than the last book. (In my opinion at least).

I loved how this book drew further into the complexities of newsouls and nosouls and darksouls. When we left Asunder, we had a lot of questions as to why reincarnation happens and what Janan is and what in gods name is just happening in this world. I have read books that will leave you with a ton of unanswered even during the second book, but Asunder is not one of those. While we are introduced to a lot of new content, we get a ton of questions answered. Like if Ana will be reincarnated.

I think my biggest problem with this book was that I was mad at Sam the entire time. All he did was keep things from Ana and she didn't deserve that she deserved his honesty since she didn't keep anything from him. She told him all about her father and what she did to Meuric, and she laid her soul on the table for him and yet he kept things from her and that aggravated me, especially because he has a hell of a lot more history to keep than she does.

I liked how more complex and darker this book was. While it still had its love themes and happy bits, it was overall a darker book. There were a lot of darker parts, that made it edgier and I loved it. I so cannot wait for book three, although I will admit I am sad for the story to end.
The Courts Decision:


Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...