Friday, March 8, 2013

Fallen


Author: Lauren Kate
Goodreads Rating: 3.75
Hours: 10
Format: Audiobook from the Library


There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.
Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.


So This book was a re-read for me. I wanted to listen to it before I finished the series, and I knew I didn't have time to fit it in with my other books so I chose instead to listen to it. The first time I read it was when it was in ARC form when it first came out, and since then years and circumstances have changed. The first time I read it I completely loved it. I was taken by the characters and the triangle that was Luce, Cam and Daniel, this time however things changed.

I wish that I had stayed as in love with it, but the back and forth between Daniel and Cam irked me after awhile. There were only so many times I could listen to her bemoan having to decide between the two boys and make it sound like fun. As someone who was caught in a love triangle, its not as fun as she made it seem. And there certainly wasn't as many presents and flattery thats for sure.

I remembered a lot of things going into this book, like Cam's status and who all the good guys and bad guys were. I remembered who was important and some of the key events that happened, so mostly I used this as a re-fresher. Knowing everyones true intentions as I went into this made their attempts to get close to Luce very obvious and clear to me that there were no good intentions.

What I didn't remember was the epilogue and how things turned out with Cam and Daniel, and I had no idea where book two is going to go. As I type this I still haven't really read the description either, but I am looking forward to seeing where its going to go. It does seem like the new book has better ratings than the first.

I really enjoyed the support cast in this book, so I'm hoping we get more of Aryian, Rollan, and Gabby. I want to know more about their scars and things about them. One thing I loved about this book is that there is so much unspoken history between all the characters and must be a pot full of delicious drama.


The Courts Decision:

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...