Friday, January 3, 2014

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)

Author: Sarah J. Maas
Goodreads Rating: 4.53
Pages: 420
Format: ARC from BEA13


An assassin’s loyalties are always in doubt.But her heart never wavers.
After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.
Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice. 
Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?

Holy smokes do I love Sarah J. Maas. I thought that I had loved TOG?, COM was even better. I loved that in this book we got to learn even more about Calaena and her past as she navigated the difficult waters that was being the Kings Champion. I'm not even sure where to start talking about this book other than to say if you have not yet ready Throne of Glass, do not read this!

One of the best parts of this book was getting to know the characters even better. There was more Dorian and Chaol and more about who they were. More importantly, there was a lot more Chaol and Celaena. I do maintain what I said while reading the first book, that I am team Celaena, but there is so much that I do love about Choal and Celaena being together.


This book had slightly less action than the first book, but part of that simply had to do with her not fighting for her life any more. Thats not to say that there she was any less awesome. She was still kicking ass and taking names as she worked her way through this book including having run ins with witches and other assassins. I loved how she stuck to her guns as well when she made a decision regarding this,

There was so much that we learned about Celaena and her life before she became an assassin. We even learn more about her family which was really great. What I really love about this story is how we get little nuggets of information as we move through the series. I'm dying to find out what other information we will get. Book three cannot be in my hands soon enough.

The Courts Decision:

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...