Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Vanish (Firelight #2)

Author: Sophie Jordan
Goodreads Rating: 4.06
My Rating: 4 Stars
Pages: 294
Reviewed by: Nicole

I got this book from the library for my mom, and wound up having to renew the book several times before I got around to reading it.

Goodreads Synopses:

An impossible romance.
Bitter rivalries.
Deadly choices.


To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone.

Back home, Jacinda is greeted with hostility and must work to prove her loyalty for both her sake and her family’s. Among the few who will even talk to her are Cassian, the pride’s heir apparent who has always wanted her, and her sister, Tamra, who has been forever changed by a twist of fate. Jacinda knows that she should forget Will and move on—that if he managed to remember and keep his promise to find her, it would only endanger them both. Yet she clings to the hope that someday they will be together again. When the chance arrives to follow her heart, will she risk everything for love?

Once I read the book, the cover made more sense, which I liked. Its always nice when the cover fits the interior of the book. As far as the book went, it fell into the middle book conundrum a little bit. Things did happen in this book, a lot of things happened in this book, but Jacinda just made me mad through the whole time.

For starters, she was the most wishy washy person ever. She changed her mind every day as to if she should stay with the pride or leave, which is understandable, but at the same time, it was so aggravating. It also seemed like she couldn't actually be happy for her sister, Tamra, rather she had to fake it. I could understand why she was having a hard time being happy for her when everyone who had previously treated her like shit was suddenly best friends with her, it would be hard to not see them as wanting to use her.

While in book one, I found myself more of a Will fan, I did like getting to see more of Cassian and seeing how he really protected her from all the stupid things that Jacinda was doing. In fact, I think I like Cassian more after having read this book. Even when she refused to help herself, he stuck himself out there to do what he could to protect her.

I did like the end of this book a lot, I'm excited to see the dynamic between Cassian and Will and Tamra and Jacinda in the last book, and I'm excited to see how its all going to end.
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...