Friday, April 19, 2013

False Sight (False Memory #2)


Author: Dan Krokos
Goodreads Rating: 4.22
Pages: 327
Format: ARC from NYCC12


All Miranda wants is a normal life. She's determined to move past the horrible truth of her origin as a clone so she can enjoy time with her boyfriend, peter, and the rest of her friends at school. But Miranda quickly learns that there's no such thing as normal - not for a girl who was raised to be a weapon. When one of her teammates turns rogue, it begins a war that puts the world in jeopardy. Now Miranda must follow her instincts - not her heart - in order to save everything she's fought so hard to keep. with the image of a terrible future seared into her mind, what will she have to sacrifice to protect the people she loves?Dan Krokos's sequel to the tour de force False Memory is a mind-blowing thriller with high-octane action that will leave readers begging for the final book in this bold and powerful trilogy.



I was so happy when I got this book at NYCC because I finished False Memory not too long before, and I figured, what the hell? I might as well read False Sight while FM is fresh in my mind. Good idea right? Until it dawns on me that I have to wait extra long for book 3 now. Bummer.

Anyway, I really like this book too. I was blown away by the complexity of the plot this time around. We already know that they are clones and that there are more of them out there, which can be the most confusing thing in the planet, but the introduction of a new player, Nina, just added to the mix.

If you saw my review of the first one, then you know I had a really hard time reviewing it because I didn't want to give anything away, and book two put me in the same place. What I can say is the larger plot of this book seemed to come out of left field, and was so thrown for a little while because I had no idea what to expect from the rest of the book. Krokos does have a good explanation for it though.

Something I can talk about? Miranda and Peter and how I so love them together and I wish that there could have been more about them and their relationship. Of course that is wishful thinking because while the love story is nice, this is a book about clones and taking over the world.

I think one of the saddest things in this book was the way that Noah still seemed to pine for Miranda even though she was completely Peters. I wish that they had kept the even numbers between the sexes so that there wasn't this constant struggle for the same girl (because even though it was Sequel and Miranda, it was still the same girl.) All in all, I need that third book, now.

The Courts Decision:
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...