Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Champion (Legend #3)

Author: Marie Lu
Goodreads Rating: 4.65
Pages: 384
Format: Finished Copy

The explosive finale to Marie Lu’s New York Times bestselling LEGEND trilogy—perfect for fans of THE HUNGER GAMES and DIVERGENT!
He is a Legend.She is a Prodigy.Who will be Champion? 
June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps Elect while Day has been assigned a high level military position. But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them once again. Just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything he has. With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.


I need to take a deep breath as I write this. I got lucky and got this book a little bit ahead of the release date which is why I get to share my thoughts with you on release day. I read the first book before going to BEA so that if I met author Marie Lu, I would be able to talk about her book and my fond feelings for it. I got Prodigy that same BEA and devoured it that fall. I then waited a whole year to get to read the conclusion to this series.

It was worth the wait. This book brings together everything that we were working towards in this series. While the first book centered around Day fighting against the Republic and the second book had a similar feel to it until Anden came to power, the third book was all about how Day could help the Republic be the best that it was and although we have the earth shattering news that Day is dying, he is still doing everything that he could to protect both the people of the Republic and those that he loves.

There was so much action in this book and I absolutely loved every second of it. The only thing that was tearing me away from reading was my eye's inability to stay open. I wanted to read until I was done and I knew what Lu had done to my beloved Day and June. I wanted to know who was going to die next and how on earth these scrappy kids were going to get out of the latest shitstorm they found themselves in.

I felt that Lu was very true to the characters as she wrapped up this story. We still were in the minds of June and Day as they dealt with all that could go wrong. I really have a lot more to say about this book, but I'm so anti-spoilers that I actually just deleted a paragraph of things that I wanted to say but would give away way too much of the book. Know this, this was one of the best endings to a series I think I have ever read and that thrills me and saddens me all at the same time. I would love to still be in this world even with all the feels that it gives you, but the world that Lu built is impenetrable, and nothing can change that.
The Courts Decision:

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...