Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Distance Between Us

Author: Kasie West
Goodreads Rating: 3.94
Pages: 320
Format: ARC from ALA13


Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.
So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.
She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.


I want to start this post by saying that I will buy anything that Kasie West writes. Everything. What makes me love her even more is her range of writing. She has Pivot Point which is simply amazing, and then there is Pivot Point which is a fabulous contemporary that just wow. I can't wait to see what other great books she's going to come up with.

So The Distance Between Us is not about a long distance relationship as the title may lead you to believe. Its about the emotional distance that can happen and also the distance between worlds. You have Caymen who is so sweet and wonderful, but is decidedly less wealthy than Xander who is very very wealthy. They come from two different worlds and when they come together its just fantastic.

 I really adored Caymen and Xander. I'm also a little biased about Xander because that's my nephews name as well, and if my nephew is just as awesome as this Xander when he grows up I would be ecstatic. The dynamic between this two characters is absoultely wonderful. As they both navigate this unfamiliar ground that they stand on.

All of the characters in this book felt so alive. From her best friend Skye, to Xander's douchey friends. I wanted to love them and keep them in my life because I wanted to know what would happen next and if these crazy kids could keep making it work because they were so cute and not instalovey.

Like I said. Anything and Everything Kasie West writes, I will own. My only regret is that this book is not available in hard cover.
The Court's Decision:
Nicole

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...