Thursday, August 25, 2016

Review: Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunters #7)

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Goodreads Rating: 4.17
Pages: 331
 In the realm of the Dark-Hunters there is a code of honor that even immortal bad boys must follow:

Harm no human. Drink no blood. Never fall in love.


But every now and again a Dark-Hunter thinks himself above the Code. That's when I'm summoned. Who am I? I'm the one thing the fearless fear. Step over the line and it's my wrath you will face. Nothing can touch me. Nothing can sway me. I am relentless and unfeeling.

Or so I thought until I met a female Dark-Hunter who goes by the name of Danger-it's not just her name, it's how she lives her life. She doesn't trust me at all. And who could blame her? She alone knows that I'm here to be judge, jury and most likely executioner of her friends. Yet she is my key to saving some of them. Without her, they all will die.

Dangereuse St. Richard is a deadly distraction. Something about her is reawakening a heart I thought was long dead. But in a race against evil, the only hope mankind has is that I do my duty. And how can I do my duty when it means that I will have to sacrifice the only woman I've ever loved?

 And now for something completely different!! That's right! We move this party to somewhere else outside of New Orleans so all those questions you might have from the last book, we'll just let those stew in you for a bit.

However! Never fear! This book we dive a little bit deeper into the enigmatic world that is Acheron and the first Dark-Hunters. I highly recommend reading "The Beginning", a short story included in the back of the book, first. It really helped with some initial confusion I had in the beginning. We also get some more information on Shades and what "life after death" is like for Dark-Hunters.

As a downside for me, I got really into seeing Dark-Hunters from other books in the current book I was reading, so taking this seemingly sudden trip elsewhere, kind of jarred me. For this reason, it took me a bit to get into the book. However, I was very interested in why one of the world's first Dark-Hunters had it in so bad for Ash. Like I said, you do get to see more of Acheron, and aside from Stryker, that seems to be the only tie in with the other books. I'm kind of hoping this opens up to another arch/story line at some point. Until this happens, I see this book as kind of a #6.5 book.

Now, onto the characters. I really enjoy seeing how the main couple connects in true kindred spirit form. For this book, both have had some form of betrayal from loved ones that make it hard for them to trust others. For Dark-Hunters, this is nothing really new, but in these cases, it works just right without being painstakingly repetitive.

I really feel for Danger's confusion throughout the book. Both parties are very convincing and I actually thought, "I'm glad I'm not in her shoes", since I don't really know how I would have handled some of those situations. And ah, Alexion... the typical "man-slut meeting a girl who doesn't throw herself at him" scenario. Truthfully, never gets too old for me. I do enjoy some of their banter throughout the book. They aren't my favorite couple, but they are cute.

In also typical Kenyon fashion, be prepared for lots of fighting and action, plus some twists and truths you may not see coming. Overall, not a bad book but felt more like a half story that didn't work to really propel the main storyline forward.

The Court's Decision:
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this book review. It looks like an interesting book to read. The story line is impressive and captivating. I will give this a read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. l never thought that there will be a miracle on the internet until i came in contact with DR OSOFO, finally i made it with his help, with his spiritual power which was recommended by a lady in baby center he help before, i never believe it was real until i confirm it now because i have tried so many things to make sure i get pregnant but no luck, immediately i contact him. he did some spiritual prayers and send me a medicine which i took, i got pregnant three weeks after, and i now have a son to show. thank you so much priest and i recommend DR OSOFO for everyone out there that is willing to have a child of  her own out there. contact him for help too he is real and powerful, i have confirmed it, contact  him on email: (osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )Whats App him on +2349065749952  

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...