Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cover Envy

So we all know how much I love Shatter Me, and how I adore Tahereh Mafi, and if you didn't know that then now you do. Recently she released the cover of the German edition of Shatter Me, and I have total cover envy. I mean look at this cover.



It's so pretty that it hurts. Now, I'm just in luck because I have two friends that are venturing to Germany during July, and all I can do is hope that they love me enough to bring this back to me. Now, before you go all "Hey wait, I know that cover!" let me stop you there. This is the same cover as Carrier of The Mark by Leigh Fallon. See below:


I'm not sure why Mafi's cover makes me so excited when Carrier of the Mark doesn't seem to do anything for me. Maybe it the subtle differences like the city in the background and the blue just being darker. But this does bring up an interesting point on book covers. They're all just stock photos used to create the cover, so its not like one of them stole the cover from the other. Goodreads has a List called Cover Couples. Here are a few others:


Glimmerglass 
by Jenna Black 
(2010)

and 


Birthmarked 
by Caragh M. O'Brien
(2011)
The Dark Divine
by Bree Despain
(2009)

and


No Humans Involved 
by Kelley Armstrong
(2010)



Bewitching Love Potions and Charms
by Raven Tempest
(May 2004)

and


This Lullaby 
by Sarah Dessen
(March 2004)



I added the dates to show that it isn't necessarily copying from another author. And even if it was, They say the best form of flattery is copying. You can check out more of the Cover Couples over at Goodreads.
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. The German cover is gorgeous. Hope you get one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...