Thursday, May 3, 2012

Grave Peril (The Dresden Files #3)

Author: Jim Butcher
Goodreads Rating: 4.12
My Rating: 3.25
Pages: 378 

Reviewed by: Amy

Goodreads Synopsis: 


In all his years of supernatural sleuthing, Harry Dresden has never faced anything like this: the spirit world's gone postal. These ghosts are tormented, violent, and deadly. Someone-or something-is purposely stirring them up to wreak unearthly havoc. But why? If Harry doesn't figure it out soon, he could wind up a ghost himself. 

Review:

 I started reading this book as an audiobook narrated by James Marsters. I still think he is an excellent choice for the narration :) I was a little iffy with the book at first but eventually came around (I figured I was still getting used to listening to audiobooks). 

The book was a little different than the other books. The other books were more of a straight-forward police mystery. There's still a lot of mystery but you get more into Harry's personal life. This was very interesting, especially seeing his relationship with Susan evolve and grow. There were a lot of twists in the relationship that I liked to see :)

I also really like Michael :) He is a very righteous and responds well with Harry's banter. I really hope to see more of his character in later books.

Some of the parts were a little disturbing... yea that's all I can really say without getting into details.

During parts of the book I really wanted to see more ghosts. It started off with the title making sense (lots of ghost action), but then it moved more on to vampires.... by the end though, the title made sense again :)
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...