Saturday, December 29, 2012

Such A Rush


Author: Jennifer Echols
Goodreads Rating: 4.15 Stars
My Rating: 5 Stars
Pages: 320
Reviewed By: Nicole

A sexy and poignant romantic tale of a young daredevil pilot caught between two brothers.
High school senior Leah Jones loves nothing more than flying. While she’s in the air, it’s easy to forget life with her absentee mother at the low-rent end of a South Carolina beach town. When her flight instructor, Mr. Hall, hires her to fly for his banner advertising business, she sees it as her ticket out of the trailer park. And when he dies suddenly, she’s afraid her flying career is gone forever.    
But Mr. Hall’s teenage sons, golden boy Alec and adrenaline junkie Grayson, are determined to keep the banner planes flying. Though Leah has crushed on Grayson for years, she’s leery of getting involved in what now seems like a doomed business — until Grayson betrays her by digging up her most damning secret. Holding it over her head, he forces her to fly for secret reasons of his own, reasons involving Alec. Now Leah finds herself drawn into a battle between brothers — and the consequences could be deadly.
What really made me love this book was that it didn't follow the trend of most YA books which is to day it didn't skate around the big issues that young adults face; there was cursing, there was sex, there was more than insta-love which made me have insta-love with this book.

After I picked up this book I found out that Jennifer Echols is actually a very popular author, and after finishing this book I can see why. Even thought I couldn't relate to what Leah was going through (trying to climb out poverty and the trailer park her mom parked her in). Even though I couldn't relate I was sympathetic to her goals. Her intention to prove that she was better than her beginnings and better than her mothers past.

I loved that this book did go into what life was like with Mr. Hall and then how her life was like after. I also liked how it was hinted at that Leah was like a daughter to him, but it was never said. I will admit that when the book started at she stated that she was only 14, and already had sex, I was shocked almost to being appalled, but once they fast-forwarded the story to her senior year, I felt better about it.

I liked learning a little bit more about flying. I never knew what went into flying and learning how to fly and it was great to see that research that went into it. I liked how Mr. Hall walked Leah through what it takes before starting to fly. Honestly? I kinda wanna learn how to fly a plane now.

I loved that the chemistry between Grayson and Leah was not in your face and they didn't love each other right away. I mean they did, but their relationship progressed as they knew each other. It started as adversarial, but then it progressed as Grayson blackmailed Leah. Even though he was a jerk to Leah, I was still rooting more for him and Leah than Alec and Leah.

I have for sure made this one of my new favorites and it is the second book so far that I know I'm going out and buying for myself. I'm hoping that on the hard cover they added a plane on the cover because that would be amazing.
Nicole

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...