Monday, July 27, 2015

Review: Frozen Heart

Author: Elizabeth Rudnick
Goodreads rating: 4.33
Pages: 304
Format: ARC
Release Date: 10/6/15
Told in alternating chapters from both Anna's and Hans' perspectives, A Frozen Heart takes a sophisticated look at events of Frozen, exploring the couple's backstories, motivations, and doomed relationship.

 
  First of all..... LOOK AT THIS COVER!!! I know they say this isn't the final cover but it should be! I think it's just gorgeous!

Anyway, this was like reading the movie! It wasn't exactly line for line (which made it feel like it's own story instead of just a kind of retelling) and it was really interesting to see the protagonist and antagonists' point of view.

We all know the story of Frozen (if not, I highly recommend going and just buying it because you will watch it a few dozen times). In the story, we see the "love story" of Anna and Hans, told in alternating point of view chapters. I really enjoyed seeing things from Hans' point of view. Since the story in the movie focused mainly on Anna, we didn't really stop to think about Han's motivation for his actions. We get a nice back story and it almost made me feel sorry for the guy. He and Anna ended up having a lot in common; they both wanted to be free. Hans just ended up going about it the wrong way. But I felt myself thinking.... can I really blame him?

The book was a quick read and, like I said, it follows the movie pretty well. It just was interesting to see inside the heads of the two characters and that's really what makes it special. If you enjoyed the movie, you will enjoy this book :)

The Court's Decision:
 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE FROZEN! I didn't know that there is a book coming out, now you have got me all excited for it! I always that that Hans was a very interesting character, it will be interesting to see what his thoughts are during the story. I'm really looking forward to this now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...