Thursday, April 24, 2014

Bang (Visions #2)

Author: Lisa McMann
Goodreads Rating: 4.04
Pages: 256
Format: ARC from ALA13


Jules should be happy. She saved a lot of people’s lives and she’s finally with Sawyer, pretty much the guy of her dreams. But the nightmare’s not over, because she somehow managed to pass the psycho vision stuff to Sawyer. Excellent.

Feeling responsible for what he’s going through and knowing that people’s lives are at stake, Jules is determined to help him figure it all out. But Sawyer’s vision is so awful he can barely describe it, much less make sense of it. All he can tell her is there’s a gun, and eleven ear-splitting shots. Bang.

Jules and Sawyer have to work out the details fast, because the visions are getting worse and that means only one thing: time is running out. But every clue they see takes them down the wrong path. If they can’t prevent the vision from happening, lives will be lost. And they may be among the casualties…

I really loved getting back into this world. I was absolutely taken by the first book because it reminded me so much of final destination but on a less gruesome scale. I really enjoyed Jules and her quirky family, and I enjoyed being pulled into her new romance with Sawyer. You can check out my review of the first book here.

While this book doesn't pick up exactly where the last one left off, I understand why that was done for plot purposes. It would have been hard essentially writing about Jules sitting around her house recovering from her injuries rather than going to school or doing anything at all fun or meaningful. I liked that the book picked up with her finding her way back into school trying to navigate how things were going to work now that she had her Romeo and Juliet relationship with Sawyer.

I will admit that this one might be a little harder to read than the first since this one focuses around a shooting in a school. I really loved how the cover reflected that fact. I loved how much more we got to experience her relationships. While we didn't really learn more about the characters, we were brought more on the inside of how they interact with one another rather than being told tidbits about their history.

This book continued with the trend from the first book where there are periodic lists of 5 which I still thought were fun interesting ways to break up the monotony that straight chapters can bring. This was a short, quick read, that had me gasping as I read. At one point, my boyfriend tried to ask he a question while I was reading and I was only able to give him a shocked face because of the part that I was at.

The way that this book leaves it off is that there is clearly going to be another book which really thrills me. I wasn't sure when I started this book if it was going to be part of a two book series or if it was going to be trilogy, I really don't even know now other than that the way that it left off, there is surely going to be another one. One that I cannot wait to get a title and cover.
The Court's Decision:

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...