Friday, April 11, 2014

Hereafter (Shadowlands #2)


Author: Kate Brian
Goodreads Rating: 3.87
Pages: 320
Format: ARC from Publisher

 Rory Miller thought her life was over when a serial killer set his sights on her and forced her into witness protection. But a fresh start on Juniper Landing Island was exactly what she and her family needed. For the first time in years she and her sister hang out at the beach, gossip about boys, and party together. She's also made friends with a local clique--including a magnetic and mysterious boy named Tristan.
But Rory's world is about to change again. Picturesque Juniper Landing isn't what it seems. The truth about the swirling fog that rolls in each morning, the bridge that leads to nowhere, and those beautiful locals who seem to watch Rory's every move is more terrifying than being hunted by Steven Nell. And all Rory ever wanted was the truth. Even if it means learning that she can never go home again. From the best-selling author of the Private and Privilege series comes the second novel in a heart-stopping trilogy about a girl who must pick up the pieces after the only life she's ever known ends.



This book helped to make Shadowlands actually make sense. In case you missed my review of Shadowlands you can check it out here. When I first finished the book, I was a little bit outraged because I was confused by the ending and I felt like the book had no purpose, and it was really upsetting. I was also pissed off because I thought that this book was a stand alone. What shocked me was finding out that the book was actually part of a trilogy.

I really enjoyed this book. I liked getting pulled back into the world of Juniper Landing. I liked coming back into Rory's life as she struggled with this new knowledge that she was dead, which I so don't blame her her, knowing that you died is a big deal. It was sad realizing that the nightmare she had on her way to Juniper Landing was actually how she died.

There were new people that we met in this book which was really interesting and we also got to learn more about how the entire community worked. Best of all we get to see her and Tristan together more, including him coming to her rescue again which was completely magical and swoon worthy. While I get to know more about these other characters we see less and less of her family. One thing that did irk me? Books one and two span two weeks total. Two weeks! And we have Tristan and Rory falling all over themselves "In Love" with each other.

All in all, I cannot wait to get my hands on the final installment of this series to see what is going to happen and where everything will end up.
The Court's Decision:



Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...