Wednesday, May 22, 2013

BEABlitz: Lisa from The Young Adult Connection





Today I have Lisa from The Young Adult Connection joining me for BEABlitz! She'll be attending BEA this year as well as having attended last year. Today she's got a few tips and tricks

1. How many times have you been to BEA before? When was the first time?

I went to BEA for the first time last year, and it was amazing!

2. What would you say has been the most memorable moment for you at BEA?

I think my most memorable moment at BEA was seeing Tim Gunn, from Project Runway. I didn't know he was going to be there and I saw him and just stood frozen  for a minute.

3. What are you looking forward to most while in NYC?

The lights! Times Square! The food! Everything! New York City is one of my favorite places ever.

4. What was your first impression when you got to BEA the first time?

I remember walking in to Javits Center and immediately feeling overwhelmed. But I was also incredibly excited. When I saw all the books I felt like a kid on Christmas morning and couldn't contain my happiness. Seriously. I was pretty giddy.

5. What keeps you coming back?

The books! :) And the people. And the entire experience of being in a city that I love because of books.

6. What is one thing you wish that someone had told you before your first time at BEA?

How terribly sore my shoulders would hurt after carrying a bunch of books in a tote bag all day. Seriously. Pay to check your bag, or take some back to your hotel/house. You'll thank me later.

I cannot wait to meet Lisa at BEA this year! Hopefully we'll cross paths when we're at BEA!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...