Monday, August 24, 2015

Movie Monday: Future Book Adaptations

Hey all! Welcome to Movie Monday! We usually use this to compare movie and books that we have seen/read but today I'm going to tell you about what books you may want to pick up before their movies/TV shows come out later in 2015-2016!

Let's start with the fabulous sequels that are due to come out...


 Remember the movie, Maze Runner? Bunch of kids trapped in a maze? It didn't get a whole lot of publicity, which makes me sad because it was a good movie (especially for a book adaptation). Well, if you didn't know, Maze Runner is a trilogy and the sequel, Scorch Trials, hits the big screen September 15, 2015. Not a whole lot of time to catch up on this series but I do recommend the books and the movie :) I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing Teresa in a bigger part.





 Let's start with the obvious. Mockingjay Part 2 is set to make it's debut November 20, 2015. I'm personally excited to see one of my favorite actresses, J. Law, finish up this amazing movie series! I read Hunger Games before the movies came out and have been picking apart the movies (like I normally do) but I just can't be disappointed in them. They are great movies even if you read the book before hand. I expect nothing less from the final chapter (so to speak) of Mockingjay :)




This I am excited for! I loved Rick Yancey's, The 5th Wave, and am beyond excited to see what they do with it for the movie. I've seen a few different premier dates so I'm just going to say it's set to come out January 2016. If you haven't read this book yet, get on it! It's like the Walking Dead.... but with Aliens! We will see Chloe Grace Moretz (you may know her from Kickass as Hit-Girl) as Cassie Sullivan and Nick Robinson (Zach from Jurassic World) as Ben Parish. Overall, not a bad cast choice :) I'm excited to see where they take it!!




 Like most series --> movie adaptations, the final book will be broken into 2 parts. The first part is scheduled to appear on the big screen on March 18, 2016! I, personally, have procrastinated on the last book so I need to get on this quick. Luckily, I have some time. Like Hunger Games, I've been trying to read the books before watching the movies and have been slightly disappointed in the movie adaptations. As a movie, they aren't bad and it is obvious why they have a huge following. But comparing it to the books... I'm just not impressed. I think with these next few movies I will concentrate more on watching it as a movie instead of one based off a book.



If you are a fan of the Chronicles of Narnia, you are about to get excited! We are apparently skipping The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and are getting The Silver Chair, set to come out sometime in 2016. It does take off from Prince Caspin but this time we have 3 friends, Eustace Scrubb, Jill Pole, and Puddleglum, who set off on a journey to rescue King Caspin's son. Should be an interesting movie and is definitely something to keep an eye out for.


There we have some big names to look out for on the big silver screen in the coming year! But how about the small screen? Here are some book to TV show adaptations to keep a look out for ;)


 We are getting a second shot at enjoying The Moral Instruments!! After the flop of a movie, I'm happy that this series is getting a second chance! We will see Katherine McNamara (who will also be in Scorch Trials as Sonya) as Clary Fray and Dominic Sherwood (who played Christian Ozera in Vampire Academy) as Jace Wayland. A pretty interesting cast and also appearing on ABC Family has me all giddy inside for this!! I, again, have found many different premier dates for this so I will say keep an eye out in Early 2016!


The popular series by Tahereh Mafi is finally getting it's small screen debut!!! I prefer book --> TV show adaptations personally since the producers aren't really limited by how long the adaptation should be. Mafi posted on Twitter in June saying the series rights has been sold to ABC Signature Studios and that she is consulting a producer for the show! If the show is a go, we can expect to see this fabulous TV show appearing sometime in Fall 2016!! Plenty of time to read through the series!



This breaks my trend of YA books --> movie/TV show adaptations but I can't help it! I'm a Ward fan! For all my fellow Warden fans, I'm happy to share that the rights to her newest series, the Bourbon Kings, was sold to NBC in hopes of gracing us with a TV show!!!!...... at some point.....Yes, I do not have a more specific date but the news was just released from the Warden herself on Facebook a week ago. Also sadly, she does not have any potential actors in mind :'(




What do you think about these future book to movie/TV show adaptations?? What are you excited for? What are you dreading? Have you heard of any others not listed here?? Share below!!



5 comments:

  1. Mockingjay Part 2 and Shadowhunters are two book to movie adaptations I'm really looking forward to! Although I'll be sad to see the Hunger Games franchise end this fall, the Shadowhunters tv show will be a great pick me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'm so sad to see the Hunger Games trilogy end but I'll be looking to some of these new shows/movies to hopefully get me through it :) Thanks for stopping by and sharing!!

      Delete
  2. Voyage of the Dawn Treader came out back in 2010, but I admit, even I haven't seen it, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how I missed that! Thanks for the fix :) Now I'm going to go watch it hahaha

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...