Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday Favorites: Book I'm Currently Reading

Hello all and welcome to another Friday Favorites! This week, I'm going to share my favorite book out my "Currently Reading" list.

Author: Hillary Monahan
Goodreads Rating: 3.72
Pages: 245
 There is a right way and a wrong way to summon her.

Jess had done the research. Success requires precision: a dark room, a mirror, a candle, salt, and four teenage girls. Each of them--Jess, Shauna, Kitty, and Anna--must link hands, follow the rules . . . and never let go.

A thrilling fear spins around the room the first time Jess calls her name: "Bloody Mary. Bloody Mary. BLOODY MARY." A ripple of terror follows when a shadowy silhouette emerges through the fog, a specter trapped behind the mirror.

Once is not enough, though--at least not for Jess. Mary is called again. And again. But when their summoning circle is broken, Bloody Mary slips through the glass with a taste for revenge on her lips. As the girls struggle to escape Mary's wrath, loyalties are questioned, friendships are torn apart, and lives are forever altered.

A haunting trail of clues leads Shauna on a desperate search to uncover the legacy of Mary Worth. What she finds will change everything, but will it be enough to stop Mary--and Jess--before it's too late?

 I, like most readers, usually have a plethora of books we are reading at a time. I also find that I'm drawn to one book more than the others and this is that book!

I'm just diving into the horror genre and this book I got a while ago and sadly forgot about it. I was drawn to it because, like most preteen girls, I did Bloody Mary in the bathroom at slumber parties a lot with friends and I loved the exhilaration of the fear (kind of like going through a haunted house). Bloody Mary was a part of my past time so I like seeing that folklore taken in a new light here.

I'm only about a quarter of the way through it but wow things happen fast!!!! It's not spooking me a bunch (yet) but things are just getting started and I already have some reservations about reading this at night.... by myself.... in a dark apartment..... Yeah, hopefully you see my point.

Overall, so far so good so keep an eye out for the review coming soon ;)

So what back are you reading??

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...