Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #6

Waiting on Wednesday is brought to you by Breaking The Spine

This week I'm waiting for Emery Lord's WHEN WE COLLIDED. 

Anyone who knows me should not be surprised by this--I'm absolutely in love with Emery Lord's books. 

I had the honor of interning at Bloomsbury during OPEN ROAD SUMMER and THE START OF ME AND YOU and saw that many bloggers and reviewers agreed with me, Emery is fabulous. 

Her stories are a mix of everything you love in a good book: sweet, moving, character driven and at times intense. Her writing is truthful and perfect. 

In her post announcing WHEN WE COLLIDED, Emery writes that she wanted to write a book about mental illness that wasn't about mental illness and in an ever-growing, hopefully diverse YA canon, that's really what we need. I can't wait to read this story that Emery will no doubt handle with the grace and respect that all of her writing has had before her. 

And THE COVER. 
 
Can we talk about that too? Because it's so freaking gorgeous, just like Emery's writing. I expect nothing less. 



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...