Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: The Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession

Happy Tuesday, all! I never thought that I'd be at the point where I am now--books overflowing in my room, stacks taking up any available space on my desk and floor (my bookshelves are more stuffed than a double stuffed Oreo)--but here I am.

So, I hope you'll forgive me if I struggle with remembering what the last ten books I most recently got were. But my lovely co-blogger Amy is going to help me fill in the list.

Brianna's List:

1. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Courtesy of: TeenReads/Penguin Random House

 I am so so so excited for this. Amie Kaufman is brilliant and I've heard great things about this book.

2. Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate

Courtesy of: Feiwel & Friends

 GUYS. This book is about imaginary friends-which, if you must know, was baby Brianna's favorite game.  And Mary, Publicist Extraordinaire, wrote an amazing follow-up email after I requested it that made me want to read it more. You should TOTES have this on your radar. (Yes, I did just say totes.)

3. Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith

Courtesy of: Roaring Book Press

This cover is so gorgeous and I'm so excited to read it. Dreams? Political intelligence? INCEPTION. I'm in love.

4. The Devil You Know by Trish Doller

Courtesy of: Me at Books of Wonder

Where The Stars Still Shine took my feels, stomped on them and gave them back to me in tattered shreds. I loved it so much that Trish will go on my "Read/Buy instantly" list. I am so lucky to have gotten the chance to meet her at the Boldly Bookish book tour.

5. Emmy and Oliver by Robin Benway

Courtesy of: TeenReads/HarperTeen

For some weird reason, I'm very intrigued and equally horrified by kidnapping stories. I think because I desperately want everything to turn out okay. But I've heard that this book is adorable (not sure if this is a good or bad thing) and I'm looking forward to it.




Amy's List
(*Note* All of the books I've recently received have been from my wonderful friend (who enables my books hording), and lovely blog owner, Nicole <3)

6.  A Whole New World (Twisted Tales #1) by Liz Braswell

This was one of my top books on my wishlist!!! I am so pumped for this series, mostly because I am pumped about anything and everything Disney related. I am currently reading it (because I'm pretty sure I would literally die of anticipation if I waited any longer) and so far it is phenomenal!

7. A Frozen Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick and the Disney Storybook Art Team

Keeping with the Disney theme, this book is a take on Disney's Frozen. It's Anna and Hans' story, told in alternating chapters and going into more in depth detail about their (ultimately failed) relationship. Being that I love anything Disney related, I'm pumped to have this book :)

8. The Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne

Another book that reminds me of Throne of Glass. A thief/assassin and a prince working together to defeat a common enemy... what's not to love about that?!? Thank goodness Nicole got me the sequel too ;) (And come on! Just look at that awesome cover!!)


9. Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz

 A young adult horror that I'm just itching to dive into! I've been wanting to switch gears and try more horror books and can't wait to kick it off with this book! Again, thank goodness Nicole got me the sequel to this too ;)

10. The Bourbon Kings by J.R. Ward

This book.....makes me..... SO HAPPY!!! I ADORE J.R. Ward and am soooo excited to have the first book in her new series!!!! I'm letting a friend of mine read it right now while I finish up some of the books I'm currently read. From some of the reactions I see to her reading it.... I can't wait to dive in!!!

That's it for our Top 10 :) Leave a comment with books that entered your top 10 or a link to your blog!! We'd love to see what you have!




3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you have a copy of A Whole New World! That book is so intriguing. I love the cover to Midnight Thief, too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun list!! A Whole New World sounds so cool! I definitely added it to my list!

    Check out my TTT: https://greenishbookshelf.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/top-10-tuesday-recently-acquired-books/

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a lot of excellent books on this list. I hope you enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...