Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Top Ten Fellow Book Nerds

 (Top 10 Tuesday brought to you by Broke and the Bookish

I adore this TTT. It's made for me. Characters who love books are characters I want to spend time with again and again. Don't you?

1. Paige from The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

My girl Paige may be a grammar nerd--unlike myself--but we are totally similar in our love for Jane Austen and bookstores and our television writing dreams. Although Paige probably has a better chance of writing for TV than I do.

2. Robbie from Atonement by Ian McKellan

Sobs. Robbie could have had it all. He was intelligent, bookish, with dreams way bigger than his low class status. After a lie destroyed his future, he was imprisoned and then forced into the army where all he lost any hope of success or love.

3. Emma from One Day by David Nicholls

Just thinking of this book makes me want to cry. Why're all British books sad? See: Atonement, Me Before You, etc. Emma is legit one of my favorite characters in all of the books I've read. AND she becomes a YA author later on, basing her main character off of a plucky student of hers.

4. Miranda from When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

Miranda's favorite book is A Wrinkle In Time which is one of my favorite books which makes WYRM even better, if possible. You should definitely pick up this gorgeous novel if you haven't gotten the chance. It's lovely.

5. Hermione from Harry Potter by JK Rowling

How could I not include Hermione on this list?

6.  Charlie from The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

This epistolary novel has become a huge part of the gen x zeitgeist. I love that Charlie was recommended books from his teachers. It's such an adorable book nerd thing to do (and something I'm guilty of. My French teacher would give me french magazines and books to read all the time).


7. Swede from Peace Like A River by Leif Enger

One of the main things that made this book shine was Swede's pieces of epic poem throughout. It added a great depth to the ocean deep novel.

8. Jacqueline from Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson

I think I may be cheating here since this is a memoir in verse but it's too beautiful not to mention.

9. Apple from Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossan

Apple wrote some lovely poetry as she struggled with all she had to deal with over the course of the novel.

10. Echo from The Girl At Midnight by Melissa Grey

SHE LIVES IN A LIBRARY. Nuff said.


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I forgot Charlie! I feel so disappointed in myself :( You have such a great list! I haven't read a lot of the books, but now that I know they have characters that are book worms, I'll be sure to check them out!

    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun list! I haven't heard of all these titles before so it was fun to add a few books to my TBR pile.

    Check out my TTT: https://greenishbookshelf.wordpress.com/2015/07/28/top-10-tuesday-fellow-book-nerds/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...